Monday, August 3, 2015

First few days.

Hello from Thailand!!
I’m normally not a blogger, or a journal writer, or much of a picture taker. However I am going to write on this blog while I’m on this trip as it will help me think about what I’ve seen and experienced and hopefully make others want to experience something similar. Let me begin…
After a long plane ride we got some rest and started right away.

Supranee’s aunt and uncle took us to a temple or Wat. This one was Wat Arun. It was situated on an island in the Chao Phraya River. We had to take a ferry for a 2 minute ride. We payed our respects in the temple and checked out the street vendors also on the island. Lots of interesting items could be found including aquatic creatures you could buy just to release back into the river (for karma). 


Afterwards we just went home and rested for a bit before Jonglak (Supranee’s tour guide aunt) came and picked us up. She took us to Wat Ben to participate in the Buddhist Holy day Asalha Puja.


On our second full day in Thailand, we explored more of Thailand by taking a long river boat, one of their public transportation systems that a lot of locals use. It was pretty fun to ride on.







Stopping for lunch at a very delicious noodle bowl place. We were able to fulfill their special. Finish 20 bowls and get a free coke. We finished 29 bowls with 4 adults and a 9 year old! (I didn't take any pictures!)

After lunch we visited another Wat (I can't remember the name) and made some donations and prayers. 

Totally real




Afterwards we took the boat back to where we started and headed for the BTS Skytrain. We took the skytrain to a shopping mall and checked out what it had to offer. The place looked nice and was very busy with a section full of electronics for sale.

















After resting for a bit Supranee and I checked out the night market at a local shopping area. It was mostly clothes and stuff, but I managed to find some souvenirs I wanted to buy.

The day after was spent at a shopping mall for 10 hours, so it was naturally a blur for me...

Never again in my life.... okay tomorrow.
I have to say Bangkok has been fun and exciting no matter the time of day or week. I can't wait to see the education system at the university level. Hurry up and get here everyone!
-Chris H.

1 comment: