Monday, August 17, 2015

Last Day in Beautiful Thailand

Today is our last day in Bangkok and I'm not ready to go back to the states. I wish we had more time to travel to countries nearby, but I guess this just means we'll have to start planning for our next big trip! I'm going to miss all of the street food for $1-$2/meal, the friendly locals, Thai tea, all of the students and pharmacists we have met, the amazing shopping centers, and the countless activities available. There's always something new and exciting to try in Thailand. This trip has definitely motivated me to visit more Asian countries (hopefully Japan with Mai!). This trip has also triggered ideas on how to work internationally in the future; maybe I'll go into academia, global medical affairs/drug development, or something I haven't even thought of or encountered yet.

I highly recommend that people travel internationally when the opportunity presents its self. Everyone on this trip has grown to become so close, and we have all experienced adventures on this trip that will always maintain a bond between all of us. Plus, we have learned so much culturally (i.e. how Thailand compares to America and even Japan, both socially and professionally). No education compares to what you can learn when you travel, and I'm so thankful for being able to go on a trip like this.

Thanks for coordinating this exciting trip Dr. Katz!

No comments:

Post a Comment