Monday, July 27, 2015

Excitement Continues to Grow!

In nine days, I get the amazing opportunity to travel over 8,000 miles to Thailand to learn more about how pharmacy is practiced in a country outside of the United States. Traveling and experiencing new things are two of my favorite things to do so I had to take advantage of this experience. Not only am I participating in this trip to learn about pharmacy practice in Thailand, but also to understand the culture, people, food, and popular attractions there. I think it's extremely important as a healthcare provider to understand how your profession is practiced not only in your own country, but globally.

Some of my specific goals for the trip are:
  • Learn about the different opportunities for pharmacists
  • Understand the health insurance system as a whole
  • Become enlightened about the daily life of Thai people
  • Make new friends and network with people along the way
  • Learn some common Thai phrases and expressions
  • Try as much food as possible; the more exotic the better

Last year, I was a member of the group that traveled on a trip similar to this one visiting Japan. I know there will be many differences between Thailand and Japan, but this is also something that I'm looking forward to. In Japan, we made a new friend, Mai Yokota, who is a student pharmacist at Kobe Gakiun University and I'm extremely excited that she will be joining us for round two in Thailand!

Overall, I have been looking forward to this trip all summer and can't wait any longer! We will be posting updates on this blog throughout the trip so stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment