Monday, July 27, 2015

Ready for Thailand

I am so ready for Thailand! I have been spending my last summer in pharmacy school working basically every day, and I am ready for a vacation and an interesting culture shock. This will be the first Asian country that I visit, and even though I am excited about all the places we will go and all the people we will meet, I am so thrilled to try all the food there. I'm always interested in trying new foods in other countries  that simply do not compare to anywhere else.

Also, this experience will certainly broaden my perspective on health care and probably give me a new appreciation for what pharmacists can do in America (since my impression is that they are limited in Thailand; maybe this impression will change to some degree).

The only concern I have about visiting Thailand is the sex industry there. For instance, is everything and everyone very forward and "in your face" or is it just in certain areas or sort of "underground"? I wonder if it'll be uncomfortable as a young female, or just entertaining.

No matter what happens or what we see, I know this trip will be amazing and I will learn things that you can only learn by immersing yourself into the culture. I've learned so much from my travels in the past and I'm excited to see how Thailand changes me as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment