Tuesday, July 28, 2015

oh my Thailand!

Sitting in front of my suitcase where lot of stuff are been spreading around thinking "one of my dreams will come true in less than 10days"---Visiting Thailand and drinking fresh mango juice always has been on my to do list. In addition, this time, not only am I visiting there to have fun but also I'm learning and having lots of experiences! 

I'm Mai Yokota, a pharmacy student in Japan, also one of the Japanese students of Dr. Katz and a friend of Rick and Ashley. 
Really appreciate in advance that I got such a wonderful opportunity. 


Here's what I'm looking forward to learn during the trip. 

How pharmacy is practiced 
I've learned the difference between the US and Japan. I'd like to know what thai pharmacy do and how pharmacy students learn in school.
Herbal medicine( or traditional medicine)
Heard herbal medicine is popular for some people there. We also use Chinese herbal medicine, kampo, so I'm interested in what kind of herbs they use. 
Health insurance system in Thailand. 
culture, food, people, and religion. 
Since I'm living in Japan, one of the asian countries, Thailand and Japan have a few things in common but Thailand seems very different. I'd love to know and understand Thailand as much as possible.

I'm crazy about traveling and exploreing new things, places and people. 
What I always like to do is being in the culture and feeling the country with entire my body, senses and spirits. 
I'll say goodbye to Sushi, hot springs and bowing and say hello to thai culture! 
very excited at unpredictable adventure in Thailand with my favorite professor, Dr. Katz, wonderful friends of mine, Rick and Ashley, and other students who I'm really looking forward to meet!

Mai 

No comments:

Post a Comment