Monday, July 27, 2015

Sawatdeeka (Hello) Bangkok!

     First off, my parents were born in Thailand. Therefore, I am Thai. I've previously been to Thailand about 5 times prior to this trip. It was all to visit family and travel to the different parts of Thailand and Asia. The main reason I ever stepped into a pharmacy in Thailand, prior to this trip, was to buy some delicious chrysanthemum tea in the outdoor refrigerator like I do many times while I'm in Thailand. The only other time I'm in the pharmacy was when I was sick and needed some Amoxicillin.  Other than this, I have never really paid attention to the pharmacy in Thailand or how the infrastructure is.

               Some questions I don't yet have the answer to:
                        Do pharmacists need degrees in Thailand?
                        Do the patients ever need prescriptions?
                        Is the pharmacy just past down from generation to generation?

     I don't have a clue. I do know that there are Faculties of Pharmacy and there are programs that pharmacists can undergo. However, I don't know if everyone who owns a pharmacy must undergo this training. There's still much that I need to learn about pharmacy and about my own heritage.

     I'm really excited to go this time with some of my friends so they can see the beauty of Thailand with the architectural masterpiece "Wats" (temples). Most importantly, I'm really excited about the food. The street vendors are my favorite. I especially like the fruit carts, they cut up the fruit you want and give you a little dipping seasoning for only about 40 cents! Especially in Bangkok, the city that never sleeps, there's delicious food around the clock to try! Last time I was in Thailand, I was gone for a month and gained 10 lbs... let's hope I don't do that again.

    Lastly, I can't wait to practice my Thai and say phrases like 'Taow Rai Ka?' or 'Lot Noi Dai Mai'? :) You'll have to look that up yourself! You can be sure it has something to do with shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment